Africa is a continent that is pretty much like a sponge that is ready to soak up new businesses and ideas. More and more companies are thriving in Africa and smart individuals are taking advantage of the huge market potential that the great continent of Africa offers to start a Business In Africa.
Developing a Business in Africa.
- Identify your target market. This is very important if you want to stand out and succeed in your line of business.
- Provide something that people need. Back in 2001, Nigeria was in great need of telecommunication services. When companies like MTN and Econet Wireless (now Airtel) launched the GSM services in Nigeria, these companies became one of the most successful companies in Africa! They saw a need and provided a service that fulfilled this need. If any telecommunications company wants to do business in Nigeria, they would really have to step it up a notch. They would have to provide something that the three major telecommunications companies in Nigeria are not providing.
- Choose your location carefully. For instance, if you plan on investing in the real estate sector and you have grand plans to build luxury flats and houses. It is important that you choose a great location where residents will feel safe and secure. No one wants to pay a lot of money for a luxury accommodation only to live in fear of the neighboring residents.
Promoting Your Business in Africa.
Here are a couple of proven and effective promotion strategies to help you promote your business:
- Be Abel To Identify Your Customers/Clients
Being able to clearly understand your client’s profile is a vital step towards reaching your target audiences effectively. Find out who requires the products or services that you offer, find out where you can reach the people who are willing to pay a good price for the product and or services that you provide. Will you be to find them on Facebook or Twitter? How will these people conduct a search for the kind of product or service that you offer? When you are able to answer these questions, it would aid you in creating a strong and effective promotion strategy.
- Get a Website ASAP!
Lots of Africans are in search of information, services and products via the internet. You do not have to spend a lot of money on having a custom designed website; simply take advantage of the free site development campaign tool offered by Google.
- Take Advantage of Social Media
Sign up to join well known social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Make sure that your profile includes a really great description of the product or service you offer, your pictures and links to your website. If you plan to set up business in Africa’s most popular country, Nigeria; then include your business in Nigerian online directories such as:
The aforementioned site have listings of services and products and they are also known to rank well on search engines when. You can also buy advert space online.